Frequently Asked Questions

What do you charge for representing me?

We handle the majority of our cases on a negotiable contingent fee basis. This means that our fee is based upon the successful resolution of your case and you do not pay us anything until your case has been resolved.

For our Social Security Disability claims, our fee is set by the Social Security Administration and is the lesser of either 25% of the past due benefits paid to you when your claim is resolved or $6,000.00.

Do I have to pay for costs up front?

In general we advance all costs related to your case, so you do not have to pay our office anything up front. Your costs are reimbursed to our office at the time your case is successfully resolved.

When do I need to get an attorney?

For accident cases, we recommend that you consult with and retain an attorney as soon as possible, so that you can reap the benefits of attorney representation in the investigation, preparation and resolution of your property damage and injury claims. Even if you have already begun the claims process on your own, you may still benefit from the assistance of an attorney.

Individuals with Long Term Disability claims will benefit from the assistance of an attorney throughout the appeals process. Because of the specific documentation requirements involved in these claims, it is important that you consult with an attorney as soon as possible, so that you ensure that your rights are protected.

Although we do not handle applications for Social Security Disability (SSDI) benefits, we are happy to provide information on the application process if you are just getting started. If your application has been denied we can help you throughout the entire appeals process, up through a hearing with an administrative law judge.

If I choose to have Iler & Iler, LLP represent me, who will handle my case?

At Iler & Iler, LLP, we pride ourselves on being accessible to our clients. Your case will be handled by the attorney you meet with during your initial consultation and you will be able to reach him directly throughout your case. If your attorney is unavailable during normal business hours (i.e. is in court or at a deposition) then one of our knowledgeable paralegals will be happy to field your questions and assist you with any concerns you may have regarding your case. We intentionally work with a limited case load so that our clients can always reach their attorney.

How long will it take to resolve my case?

It depends. Your claim may be resolved shortly after your medical treatment ends in 3rd Party Injury cases or claims for uninsured motorist benefits. On the other hand, your case may need to be litigated and that process can take several years from the original date of injury. For Social Security Disability claims, there are many opportunities for resolution through out the claim and reconsideration process. There are also many opportunities to resolve your claim for Long Term Disability benefits, depending on where you are in the claims process. The experienced attorneys at Iler & Iler, LLP can provide you with a time estimate specific to your case, so please do not hesitate to contact us.

If I am injured in an accident when do I need to seek medical treatment?

If you are in pain, then you should seek medical treatment immediately. From a physical standpoint, it is important that you consult with a medical professional as you may have a serious medical condition requiring immediate medical attention. It is also important from a legal stand point because medical documentation provides evidence of your injuries and this evidence is necessary to support and prove-up your claim.

If I am injured in an accident should I give the insurance company a recorded statement?

We recommend that you obtain legal representation before providing a recorded statement to the insurance company because a lawyer can help to ensure that you provide accurate and complete information during the recorded statement as well as ensure that your legal rights are protected.

If I have a long term disability case, should I also file for Social Security Disability?

Most long term disability policies require that the claimant file for social security disability at the time of their claim. So it is good practice that if you are filing for LTD you should also file an application for Social Security Disability benefits. Furthermore, if you are eligible for State Disability Insurance (SDI) you should also file a claim for these benefits.

Schedule a Free Consultation

Legal News